Wednesday, April 1, 2009

Nine Years!

Meowllo!

This person I live with just looked down at me and started jabbering some mumbo-jumbo in a singsong voice that makes her sound like one of those "cat mommies" she swore she would never become. I was busy pivoting on my shapely bottom, delicately licking the sleek black fur of my right paw (the one I write with, but, oddly enough, not the one I shuffle cards or brush my teeth with), minding my own business, daydreaming about this weekend, when she'll be away for a few days and I'll have the whole palace (no, that's not a typo -- I mean palace, not just "place") to myself, and she started reaching down as if to rub my stomach a/k/a cause me to lose my balance and topple over like a Weeble that has finally fallen down. It took me a few seconds to decipher her prattle.

It was this: HAPPY ANNIVERSARY, SHANA! HAPPY ANNIVERSARY!

Nine whole years? One for each of the lives I'm supposed to have? Wow!

And then I realized, well, this is all very well and good, but ... where's my cake? Where's the brouhaha and hullaballoo? Where's the mahi-mahi?

It's an anniversary, sure, but I'm not too happy!

MEOWMEOW!!!

4 comments:

  1. It's your Gotcha Day?!? That's great! Happy Gotcha Day (Anniversary)! Did you get extra treats today?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Anniversary, Shana! You should let the CB know, so everyone can wish you well:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thankmew, Tuck and Tristan and Crikey!

    I didn't get extra treats! My so-called "mom" forgot all about it until right before I posted! Now I know how Molly Ringwald felt in "Sixteen Candles"! Hrmph.

    T and C, do mew have a link for the CB? (I don't even know what it is. I should be ashamed of myself!)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy Anniversary Miz Shana!

    P.S. I'm very impressed that you can shuffle cards with one paw.

    ReplyDelete